Sunday, February 15, 2009

ROFL

Scene: Son is sprawled on the living room couch watching Tropic Thunder on DVD. I am in the kitchen, packing the dishwasher. Husband and daughter are in daughter's bedroom at the end of the hall, moving furniture and miscellaneous items to the center of the floor in preparation for painting the walls the next day.

Me (calling down the hallway with some urgency): You have to get some of that blue paint tape from the hardware store so you can get a neat edge where the different paint colors meet!

Silence from the back bedroom. But at that precise moment the smarmy Tom Cruise character on Tropic Thunder blares from the TV: "Shut the fuck up and let me do my job!"

Me (to myself): Guess that's my answer.

Son falls off couch and rolls on the floor, laughing. Then takes off down the hallway to announce my comeuppance.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, sorry.
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete