Saturday, January 26, 2013

Art Show


My friend, the artist Janice Movson, had a show of her work last night. I wrote about her exquisite and haunting sculptural pieces before here. She's working with larger sculptures now, and they possess such majesty. The one in front, it's mine. It was wonderful being out with my handsome husband at an art showing, chatting with friends and acquaintances and complete strangers in an elegant apartment owned by the most lovely couple on a snowy Friday night in the city. It made me feel as if I actually have a social life.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the dream of a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been there. If you were there, you DO have a social life! I've recently started going to dance concerts with one of my daughters and her daughter or my sister. It makes me feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, those are fantastic! Does your friend have a website or does she show anywhere outside of the NYC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember your original post about that artist and her wonderful work. Angella, to me it sounds positively glamorous to attend an art showing in New York, especially when you know the artist and own her work, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! I love going out to artsy, cosmopolitan events like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is so cool. Amazing sculptures, and a fine art night out in NYC with a man who loves you at your side. What could be better. This makes me happy.

    love d

    ReplyDelete