Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Snow last night


After waking to that dusting of snow on the ground, I found it harder than ever to get out of my house and into the world today. It doesn't help that in three more days my daughter will be going back to school. I'd rather spend the day roaming with her as she looks for "chef shoes" and snow boots and industrial-sized cartons of ramen noodles and everything else she needs to set herself up for the new semester. That rather cool-looking iron teapot is my husband's. He takes the ritual of tea very seriously. I'm a coffee drinker myself, preferably Blue Mountain instant, with condensed milk stirred in. A hot coffee-flavored morning milkshake is what that really is.


14 comments:

  1. Now that is just the way my mother used to drink her coffee and you made me remember those few times during my childhood when we got to drink the very milky coffee. I love the taste but can't drink it any more because it upsets my stomach. I drink a lot of tea and that teapot is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, tea is certainly a better drink for the stomach, and there are so many varieties now. My husband has the brewing down to an art.

      Delete
  2. God, that coffee drink sounds fantastic.

    By the way, I don't know what chef shoes are like for the young set, but the old set swears by Birkenstocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, thank you, I will tell her! Hope you're feeling better.

      Delete
  3. You're right that your husband takes his tea seriously. That's one beautiful pot. I enjoy both coffee and tea. I think I am going to invest in a nice pot like that one. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, that pot is a piece of art. I love seeing it in my kitchen.

      Delete
  4. That is just a gorgeous picture. My tea pot is bright orange and I adore it. I'm going to try your coffee milkshake, it sounds like just the thing on this fifth day of rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vesuvius, pull up a chair. It's good to see you here!

      Delete
  5. I do love see secret glimpses into your life.

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, I love it when I get a glimpse into yours, too.

      Delete
  6. I am not a tea drinker and I absolutely covet that tea pot!

    Coffee with condensed milk is heaven! And don't tell ANYONE but I can drink condensed milk right out of the container. Oh, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete