Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Men


I love watching the relationship between my husband and my son. They have such an easy and loving camaraderie, at this point, a friendship, yet my son has great respect for his dad and my husband has great respect for his son. I am so glad my son had his dad growing up. I think if it had been just me parenting him, I might have gone all kinds of wrong, the two of us pushing each others buttons and jockeying to be right all day long. My husband had the ability to step in and say, "You two, cut it out." Just that, but it was enough. It helped us come back to ourselves. Sometimes in the teen years my husband would intervene to tell our son, "Don't speak to your mother in that tone." Other times he would take me aside and quietly explain how a thing looked from where our son stood. Last night, my husband and now grown son were side by side absorbed in reading on their Kindle Fires. I raised my phone and snapped a photo and they didn't even stir.


5 comments:

  1. The beauty of that, the simplicity, sort of made me want to cry. Your noticing is what did make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love these scenes of your life. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, Woman. That is a blessing of your life- the relationship between those two men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angella, it's the love that just pours out of you that makes my heart swell.
    Love,yo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess they're used to you shooting surreptitious pictures by now! They're probably saying, "Oh, she's at it again." :)

    ReplyDelete