Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Still Here

First day back at work. My defenses must be shot because the things I am usually fairly inured to are strumming my last nerve. Pet peeve:

Coworkers who complain about all they have to do when in fact almost everyone around them has as much to get done, and one who can't let go of how the writer of a story in the last issue acted like such a prima donna and wanted to re-edit the edit of her story and she's still so pissed about that and she's going to talk to someone up high about how that went down. I just want to scream get over it. Some writers are prima donnas. Some editors are too.

Well, don't I sound put upon today? Compounding matters is the fact that I am in denial that I am back at work on the second day of the year 2013 and how on earth did we get to 2013 already?

Had a nice little break though. And yesterday, twenty seven of us sat shoulder to shoulder around three tables joined end to end for a New Year's day meal. At one end were the young people, at the other end were the older folks, and it felt like a communion of souls, all of us happy to be welcomed at that table among generations of old and new friends.

Happy New Year, my friends. Or as Ms. Moon might say, Happy Wednesday.



11 comments:

  1. Heh-heh. Happy Wednesday indeed. Good Lord- will live ever feel normal again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that used to drive me mad after I took time off was all the work waiting for me. The deal was that everyone was supposed to chip in and do the work of the person taking time off. I always made it a point to stay late if I had to so co-workers could have a clean desk when they got back from time off. It was never reciprocated. Never. I came back to piles upon piles on my desk. In the end, I quit (for many other reasons) and now I am in a job I love.
    Go grab yourself a tea or a coffee. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, Happy Wednesday!
    Your meal sounds lovely - although to me right now - the last thing I want is to be surrounded by MORE people. I'm so relieved it's over and unsure what to do with myself now that it is. Oh family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!

    As alway, I love your attitude towards everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was back at work today too. After not sleeping well last night I was kind of cranky all day. Oh well, at least it's a short week.

    Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I love the pic! Is your husband three or four feet taller than you are? Mine is. I stand in the kitchen sometimes and yell, "Tall guy! I need a tall guy!" and funnily enough he usually shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, back to the grind, huh? It sucks but at least you have the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the same thing as Ellen, are you as short as me and is he as tall as my Mr. or Mr. Moon? So lovely to see your smiling face and to know you had such a wonderful new year meal with everyone. Sorry about the work part. Doesn't it seem sometimes that if people would just quit complaining and get busy they wouldn't have so much work after all?
    Hope the week and the new year are kind to you and yours.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 27-person meal sounds marvelous.

    The best to you in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya'll are handsome and beautiful. Happy New Year to dear you!

    ReplyDelete