Friday, April 26, 2013

This is my garden

On his way home last evening, my husband took the long way, wanting to stroll among the trees and greet the blossoms newly spilling out along the branches. I was already home, and he called me out, telling me to meet him on the sloping path where the kids sled when it snows, and to which we have had little access during the years of scaffolded tunnels with nets sealing us inside. We meandered among the trees and were reminded of how fortunate we are to live in this small haven in the middle of New York City, where a little of the natural world lies just beyond our door. This, my loves, is our garden.
  
 



11 comments:

  1. And it could not be more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow almost surreally beautiful! Those look like tulips growing on the tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love that your husband asked you to join him there. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I used to live near a small part of Riverside Park on the west side in Manhattan, and I can still remember walking there for the first time and seeing a long stretch of the most gorgeous flowers. I also remember running around the reservoir and then collapsing under the cherry trees as the blossoms fell like snow. I think the beauty of nature in the city can break your heart --

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! How lovely to live so close to a garden in the city. Spring is finally popping here too and just in time. All this English grey has been a strain on my mood and affected my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous! Great shots.
    Now that's the way to have a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is this in the middle of a city. Just beautiful. Sweet Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is absolutely lovely! As is your husband, for being so romantic!! Enjoy them both!!!!
    Sending love your way. ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the green spaces in NYC, especially up in your neck of the woods. i like to imagine upper manhattan 100 years ago; you can still it see it there, in the trees, the hills and valleys that even streets can not mask entirely. a lovely place to grow children :)

    ReplyDelete