Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bey looks cute with her new short crop


And I know her head must feel light and free, too, with all that heavy hair subtracted. I'm feeling anything but light and free. More like weird and shaky, not moody so much as spiky, my energy uneven and uneasy. Definitely chemical, I know this clearly. But still, I'm quietly jumping out of my skin. I can't process much less write anything of consequence in this head space. So what you get is Beyonce's big chop as shown in the selfie she posted last night, which Black women all across America are having an opinion about today.

7 comments:

  1. The beauty shops are humming. I can almost hear it.
    Have you had your hormone levels checked recently? Hormones equal Chemicals. Period. The end. No pun intended, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks great with it short, but I'm not into the fake blonde thing. And I'm really not into the white nails --

    As for the hormone thing, baby, it's starting for me and it ain't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend's husband posted this on FB and I laughed: "Why y'all keep saying Beyonce cut her hair when you know she ain't did nothing but take the weave out"

    (He's a great journalist and I learn a TON from him - and sometimes he's just plain silly.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever Beyonce does to herself, she is gorgeous. I agree about the hormones. I don't know your age or your situation but it can get mighty uncomfortable. I wanted to say that the picture of all the kids you posted yesterday was priceless. I am glad you have all these photos and are posting them for you kids (and us) to see. Sweet Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every so often I go and get my hair cut really short and end up regretting it. I have now made a deal with my stylist to not cut my hair off. I have to go and have a consultation then wait a month. I would not have to do this is I looked like Beyonce! She looks gorgeous.
    And the hormones. Oh, those damn hormones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had hair, I would keep it as short as possible. As it is I shave my head, which is as short as you can get -- but then I'm mostly bald anyway! I love the low-maintenance aspects of having no hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care of yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete