Saturday, July 11, 2015

Soup

It's one of those mornings when I'm sitting at my desk trying to work and tears are just rolling down my face. I think it's chemical because none of the reasons I can think of for these tears seem to be enough. Maybe it's all the little things together stirring up a sorry-for-myself soup. It's the kind of day where I just need to go off on my own because I'm liable to have my feelings hurt by any little thing. Plus the house is a mess and I don't feel like doing anything about it. I miss my mom, her wise counsel, her calm assurance always that everything will be okay.

______


I'm in the cafe at the bookstore now. My preferred seat next to the huge arching window became available almost as soon as I walked in, and I'm all set up there with my computer open and the writing going quite well, and properly distracting me from myself. In the midst of this I just had the strangest experience. Two women sat at the table beside me talking about past life regressions and Michael Newton's book Journey of Souls, and at last I couldn't help turning to them and letting them know I'd read all about that stuff too, and we had the most wonderful, warm and comforting conversation, which made me think we were supposed to sit next to each other in this cafe this afternoon, and make a soul connection, even though from all outer appearances we are so very different. We exchanged emails and plan to be in touch, which we may follow through on or not, it doesn't matter. They already gave me a gift. I wonder if my mother sent them. They are both gracious ladies, just like she was.


13 comments:

  1. If you were me, you'd probably make some real soup and a loaf of bread because that is therapy for me.
    Oh honey. It'll pass but damn. That's just not so helpful when you're going through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is okay to let your hair down and have a good cry, no matter the cause. Perhaps it is chemical or maybe you are tired...whatever the cause, just let yourself be. Your house isn't going anywhere and nothing bad will happen if you decide not to do anything there for a while. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. I'm thinking of you. Just let the feelings happen. You don't need to figure out why they're happening, at least not now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So your post made me tear up today. I am glad the you a good encounter at the coffee shop. It really does sound like it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get like that too, tears coming and seeming unstoppable. Glad you met the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those kinds of moments when you least expect them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read your addendum to this post. It's funny how things happen, sometimes -- the people we run into or the things we overhear at the perfect moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to think that your mother did indeed send them just when you needed them.
    sending you love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely thing to happen when you're feeling vulnerable and in need of kindness. I love where you sit!
    I left another comment on your last post but I think my phone may have eaten it. Perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think our loved ones do send people to help us along, I do. And I could swear I saw one of my grandfathers checking on me a while back. I almost cried out, the man looked so much like him.

    PS - you look 25 in this picture! I can't get over how beautiful you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am convinced my mom sends women into my life. Sometimes for just a few moments but usually when I need them. (You are one of them.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know that was your mom sending them. Your mother is always looking out for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete