Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bae = Before Anyone Else


My niece is in Zanzibar with her bae, after a stopover in Dubai where they rode camels and she wore a burkah. She captioned that photo "Playing in the sandbox." My daughter just arrived home from college for the winter break, and my son and I are chill. All three are in relationships with such lovely people that I suspect their grandmother must be pulling strings from heaven. Meanwhile my lovely man, my bae, is in full on Christmas mode—the tree, gift glee, egg nog, the Christmas dinner menu—and I have no plans at all but to watch the Survivor finale with my girl.

My husband asked me the other night, "What does bae mean?" I told him it's an acronym for "Before Anyone Else," even though it's really slang for "babe" but when you're too lazy to say the whole word. I like the acronym definition better.

All my baes are in a good place, which means I am in a good place.

It really is just that simple.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! (I'm glad you explained BAE because I wondered.) Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful. I am glad for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to feel un-stressed by your bae's life situations ... I do know what you mean.

    Incredible photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, but your family is beautiful.
    Maybe some strings ARE being pulled. Sounds pretty loving to me. But then again, your family just IS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great picture. I think I would be tempted to make a sand angel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice post and what a beautiful young couple! I drifted over to your blog from another blog (can't remember which one :).

    I only recently discovered what 'bae' meant. I had to look it up after noticing it appear everywhere and not having a clue what it meant. My age is starting to show... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew what that meant, so thank you! It sounds very cosy at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't keep up with all the acronyms these days! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear about all the good places :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good. So very good. And thanks for bae. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Someone corrected me on Facebook when I referred to Harry repeatedly as The BHE. They inboxes me and said, kindly, "It's BAE. Not BHE." I replied, "No. I meant to say BHE as in Best Husband Ever--but, for the record, he's my BAE, too." ;) Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zanzibar! Wow. What a great photo. I've always wanted to go there. I've never heard of BAE, but I like the acronym too! (Maybe it hasn't reached England yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who else besides starlets and 1920's journalists goes to Zanzibar?! That feels like a miracle to me.

    ReplyDelete