Thursday, January 7, 2016

To abandon oneself, to be light


So the new year dawned, and while I am in finishing up an editing job and moving along with the steps required to publish Dr. Ellamae Simmons' memoir slash autobiography so that she can hold the bound book in her hands before her 98th birthday on March 26, apart from those occupations, the months stretched out ahead of me, a blank field, project free. I do have a couple of irons to test against fire, some prospects to explore to see if there's anything for me there, but at the edge of everything was a quiet anxiety about when and from where actual paid work would show up next. I tried not to worry, to remind myself I've managed so far. I resolved, and resolved again, to trust the fates, or trust myself, or just plain trust. I'm happy to report an agent reached out to me today with not one, but two possible projects. Nothing firm yet, but things look promising. Perhaps these are my lessons for 2016. Trust. Be light.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulation. This is great. I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Yes. It's always such a surprise that it turns out, though. And near impossible to remember that it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! And yes, Frida's words (if they are, in fact, Frida's words?) are wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, memoir, your own, or editing? I have been reading a lot of memoir lately and there is so much good around, including the celebrity ones but Lit and Love, Nina from one extreme to the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Yes. Yes. Everything has turned out okay so far. I needed this lesson, too.

    ReplyDelete