Saturday, March 26, 2016

Lindsey Graham can't keep a straight face

Omg, this campaign just gets crazier! I have the woozy feeling I'm watching the latest episode of Scandal! This weekend we have the scandalous news, courtesy of The National Enquirer (who we should remember did get the story right about John Edwards), that Ted Cruz is a serial cheater and that one of his mistresses is a black woman named Katrina Pierson who is a spokesperson for the Trump campaign! Begs the question: Did the Trump campaign leak the story? And now, on top of what the rags are calling the "Cuban Mistress Crisis" of Eduardo Raphael Cruz, aka Ted "TrusTed" Cruz, we have Lindsey Graham giggling uncontrollably on The Daily Show when asked about his endorsement of Cruz. "What do you like about Cruz" host Trevor Noah asks him. "That he's not Trump," Lindsey Graham says, laughing with full awareness of the absurdity of it all. And later, when Noah asks him about his statement that choosing between Trump and Cruz is like choosing between getting shot and being poisoned, and who's shooting and who's poisoning, Graham is unable to stop giggling as he responds, "Well Trump is like being shot in the head whereas with poison, you might have time to find an antidote." This campaign has turned everything I thought I knew about right wing politics on its head! I even came away from this clip sorta liking Lindsey Graham! OMG, insane!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah. It's truly crazy-salad time. And I sort of love Lindsey Graham a little after hearing what he said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I could ever like Lindsay Graham, but at least he's somewhat rational. Even the giggling is a perfectly reasonable response to this campaign season! I bet he secretly votes for Hillary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! You made my Saturday morning! I have been avoinding everything polictical until your post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quite an entertaining episode. I like to imagine that Graham's comment that 35% of the party supports Trump's views and 65% do not might be close to the truth ... but I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...