Sunday, January 1, 2017

Holiday Family Album 2016


We brought in the new year with dear friends, but before our family went off in our different directions, we pre gamed 2017 with our children and their loves. My daughter had a bottle of champagne she'd been given back when she graduated college in May, and she wanted to share it with us. I was kind of tickled that our kids wanted to celebrate New Year's Eve with their parents before everyone took off to be with our age cohorts. We broke open the bubbly and all sat around the counter and toasted and shared stories and laughed. My heart swelled, being with them, enjoying them, secretly wondering if this was a peek into our future. Then before we all split up to ring in the new year at our different venues, we posed for photos together. Even my son allowed it. Who knows what 2017 will bring. I hope for more of the good from the year just past, as well as for extravagant and wonderful surprises that will lift us higher still. Happy New Year all you beautiful people who read here. Thanks for riding shotgun on the roller coaster that was 2016. May the coming year be good to you, and may we all rise to the challenges before our world. You know what? I think we will.






And here's a photo of me with two of the loveliest young women in the world. They are very much alike, these two, quick to laugh, wildly witty, with such tender hearts. The second picture is of my daughter and me two nights ago. She took me to see Chicago on Broadway. We had such a blast together. The tickets were my Christmas present, but the true joy was the delight in spending time with my girl. 



Happy 2017 everyone!

Please share (or think) one thing you wish for your life this year.
Wishes have power.


12 comments:

  1. P.s. wishing that everyone in need finds abundant help and love.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2017. Meeting you was one of the true highlights of this past year. Thank you and love to you and yours. Let's meet again in October!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is beautiful, everyone glows. Lucky!

    My wish for 2017 is for peace-for me, for you, for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting your holiday family album, Angel. Seeing happy faces makes me happy.

    hmmm think of a wish...

    I hope life treats you kind
    And I hope you have all you've dreamed of
    And I wish to you, joy and happiness
    But above all this, I wish you love

    I am going to start singing

    Happy new year to you, your family and friends! Gorgeous people!

    - Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Happy New Year to you, my somehow-sister and all of your glorious family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing all good things in the new year, to you and yours and theirs ... these are lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the year is a good one for us all...great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and to all these beautiful people that surround beautiful you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you all. Sent with love from England. Beautiful photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very happy New Year to you and your family. 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this album! Wishing you much joy and prosperity in 2017.

    ReplyDelete