Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Happy birthday, son!

My son is 26 years old today! We won't see him till Saturday, as he is undertaking intensive training at the fire academy to become a fully certified paramedic, the next step on his journey. Nine months of super intense instruction with tests every week, plus clinical rotations, midterms and finals, and then the state boards. As he said, "This is my graduate school." We love you son, and we're so proud of you too, the way you just keep knocking down those pins, taking the next step, and then the next toward you dreams. I hope you have a wonderful day, even if you're studying five hours every night, and waking up at 4:30 am every morning. We'll celebrate on Saturday!

(I should note I didn't take that picture; his girlfriend did. That smile was for her camera. He usually scowls at my mine. Thank you S!)

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad he was born. He is a light in this world and I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your wonderful son!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest birthday wishes to your son! I love the path he is on. He will do good works in the world, and we need that more and more everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What a beautiful gift he is. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The happiest of birthdays to your son. As I just said at Elizabeth’s blog, it makes me feel a little better about the future knowing that there are young people out there doing good and right in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gruelling schedule but certainly shows his committment. He is a hard worker and I am thankful for him and others like him who help in times of need. He has a great smile! We usually see his serious face :) Happy Birthday to him . . . and you, because moms and dads (but especially moms, I think) remember the first Birth Day like no one else can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a rock star, isn't he? I feel a bit like I watched him go from boy to man! I'm "following" him -- passing along his progress to my own son who has some similar desires!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely man he is. Happy Birthday and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday to this handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete