Friday, October 20, 2023

Gold all around

Walking Eagle (aka my talented nephew Brett) dropped new music today, a single of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," and I'm absolutely loving his voice and guitar riffs. You can hear him on YouTube, Apple Music, Spotify, or wherever you stream music. I was listening to him on repeat all morning. I'm just so proud of this humble artistic soul I get to call family. He may not have got a chair turn on The Voice, but a lot of people noticed him and now all sorts of opportunities are coming his way.


Meanwhile, outside my window, the leaves turned gold overnight, making a bright glowing backdrop for the flowers that my thoughtful future son-in-law brought for me last week. As usual when I have flowers in the house, I keep photographing them in the changing light. Aren't they beautiful? I'm keeping what's good and lovely in sight right now, being very intentional about that, because alongside the beauty, the world is hard and people are sad.


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad opportunities are coming his way. Your flowers are beautiful and yes, the world is so full of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song is wonderful!! How talented is your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to listen! And yes, the world is hard and the people are sad. But flowers. Still, flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that young man is a wonder! He has it all, doesn't he? Such amazing musical talent and the looks to go with it. And he seems like such a darling boy. Your family...
    Bright flowers, every one of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for Walking Eagle. I wish great success for him. and the flowers are lovely. no turning leaves here. there was a turning but it was from nice chilly nights to hot days again. only temporary. another front is supposed to bring us rain and cool temps in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting news about your musical nephew! And yes, those flowers are terrific. I'd photograph them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way he's signing this song!!! one my favorites! Love his voice! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our maple trees are steadfastly refusing to give up their leaves. They'll regret this decision once it snows. Your flowers are lovely. Currently the world has lost its mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grateful for the presence of your nephew and his strong young voice in these dark days. Grateful for your presence. Thank you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a phenomenal talent he is! Lovely flowers.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete