Thursday, July 23, 2026

Randoms



Another of my daughter's Day One crew, known since first grade as "The Six," got married in June. That's four of them hitched, now. My girl, here with her forever date, was resplendent in red.


I did the magazine's cover story for its "America at 250" special issue. I don't think they could have chosen a better cover subject to illustrate this moment. She dropped some wisdom, too.


Still living the puzzle life over here.


The rest of the photos in this post are from the July Fourth cookout that my daughter's in-laws hold every year. My son in law is born on that day and so is one of his cousins, so it's more a double birthday party than anything else. More and more of our side of the family joins the festivities every year, though my son had to work this year. He picked up a side job doing crowd control at a World Cup watch party at Brooklyn Bridge park, not a bad overtime gig if the crowd stays controlled, which it mostly did.


My beautiful girl, the wide blue sky, and me.


The birthday boy and his mama got the dancing started.


My lovely bonus children. 


Aren't they adorable? I swiped that last photo from one of my nieces' posts on Insta. The beaming couple is weeks away from celebrating their second anniversary. We're headed to Jamaica on July 17 for a family reunion, my mother's side of the family, the offspring of the nine Stiebel siblings, all of them gone now, but hoards of their offspring still kicking. These two plan to to stay a few days longer at an all-inclusive resort on the island to celebrate year two. Love that for them!


Oops, had this in drafts and never pressed publish.

 

8 comments:

  1. Your daughter looks amazing in that dress and that colour looks so good on her.
    I saw the photos from Jamaica and it looks like you all had a good time:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You kill me woman. You just casually toss in, "I did the cover story..."
    Excuse me?
    I know it's hard to compete with the absolute beauty of your family but you deserve some recognition here. Fantastic!
    And you are all looking so very, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful family embracing all generations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family always looks to happy together! Great to see the celebrations and the love that's flowing with your gang! Hope you are enjoying Jamaica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody is looking great, as per usual! Congrats on the Essence cover story! Woo hoo! And Justice Brown Jackson is looking fab in that picture as well. We need more like her in power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ❤️ Thank you so much for the light you bring as you share your family celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are adorable.
    I have two bonus children too...so grateful for a happy growing family.
    I hope you have a joyful time in Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what Ellen said about embracing all generations. Your beautiful girl looks stunning in red! Happy belated birthday to Noel! And congratulations on the cover story. I’m going to look for a copy,
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete