Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Alchemy


I attended two conferences in the past week, and didn't blog at all during that time. It's unsettling how quickly I can fall out of the habit of blogging regularly. I'm starting to put some pieces in place for a new venture I am imagining, but it's a fragile bud of an idea right now, so I'm not ready to share. I'm excited when I think about the possibilities, but I'm also daunted, wondering whether I can actually make this happen, whether people would actually pay for this thing I want to offer, in the form I want to offer it. When I think about it sometimes, I get so overwhelmed I just want to climb under the covers and go back to sleep. I heard somebody say once that excitement feels just like fear in the body, so maybe this is excitement more than fear. The trick is, no matter what name it goes by, I have to weather this jittery feeling, not let it turn me aside, because I think I'm on to something here. I just have to jump, have faith in my idea and my ability to do this thing I dream. Sorry to be so oblique. I missed you all.

Photo: "Sundays in Jamaica" by Adrian McDonald


11 comments:

  1. That picture is stunning -- awesome, in fact. And your idea is titillating -- at least the energy behnd it! I imagine any venture you embark upon would be successful, and I hope your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was captivated by the picture as well.
    Good luck with the venture. I have one burning in me, too. I know the fear/excitement. I believe it's fear when it's not what we're meant to be doing, but excitement when we are. They do feel the same, but they get executed differently. I'm being too oblique. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that picture blown up, made real, and framed in my house where I can see it every day. It is gorgeous.
    I am so excited for you! Whatever it is- if you feel compelled to do it, truly compelled, it is the right thing. I know it!
    Loving you so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love that picture.

    Welcome back from your short hiatus and looking forward to your idea put in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That picture. My eyes just love it.

    "a fragile bud of an idea" such beautiful wording and care for yourself. I hope your fragile bud blooms someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to hear about the " fragile bud" one day. Can you give a hint?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it sounds promising! I can't wait to hear the details! I admire your courage in taking the plunge, or even thinking about taking the plunge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds interesting ... I am rooting for you ... all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not been around much lately either, but I'm so glad I came her and scrolled down to that beautiful photograph. I hope your fragile bud blooms, but if it doesn't, remember the buds are endless.

    ReplyDelete