Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My girl is home

My girl arrived last night, bringing a friend from school. Oh, it was good to hug my girl. She has such a calming, bright energy. I marvel at it every time I experience it anew.

Her friend, a girl dear to my daughter since the very first day of freshman orientation (they are now seniors), has this cool hipster vibe that has everyone asking her if she's from Brooklyn. If fact, she's from Phoenix, Arizona, by way of Chicago, Kansas and California. She's as easy and chill as a houseguest can be.

Meanwhile my cousin and her two daughters are at this very moment on the road from Maryland, and they arrive this afternoon, while my niece and a friend of hers from Jamaica will get here tonight. We're hosting 23 people for Thanksgiving this year, though not all of them are staying over. There will be a mere 10 of us resting our heads here come evening. The whole swirl of people shoulder to shoulder and flurry of cooking makes this my husband and children's favorite holiday. Let the party begin!


12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Such love and such light!
    (Do you have your rum handy? I do.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Sending you love and hugs and happy turkey day wishes. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful young women. Your daughter IS a light. I see that in all your photos.. Happy Thanksgiving, Angella! Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. β„‹π“ͺ𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓣𝓱π“ͺ𝓷𝓴𝓼𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does sound just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time. Love from England to you all. ( I can't stop looking at your girl's smile…it makes me smile too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time with your girl and family and all the food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so wonderful to have our people home for a good meal, isn't it? Have a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you and those amazing women are feeling the love this day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Thank you for being a light here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a terrific Thanksgiving, Angella!

    ReplyDelete