Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter Sunday / Dallas / Seattle


Lonely Sunday. Christ is risen. I should have made plans. I miss my children, who are busy doing their lives. I didn’t make it to services with my husband, so much for being a good Easter and Christmas churchgoer. He made glorious altar arrangements that looked a bit like wedding garments to honor his late parents. He also ran the tech for virtual attendees while I stayed home and finished the chapter I was working on. I’m now six chapters in, forty thousand words, sixty thousand more to go. 

It’s been an eventful month. Our trip to Dallas for my niece's baby shower was a lovely family time. That's her with her mom and me in the photo up top. Then my son and his wife went to Seattle, and spent the week in a tree house in the woods. By all accounts it was magical. My daughter in law sent me pictures. I’m a little too blue to do much more than post some photos and captions as a recap right now, but maybe pictures do just as well in telling the stories, Dallas and Seattle, in random order, here you go. 


 
Since grazing tables cost in the thousands these days, my daughter and daughter in law decided to DIY this one, with spectacular results. 
 

The best part of the grazing table was after the party when everyone remaining at the house just pulled up a chair and grazed on fruit and cheese while chatting about everything.

The back yard set up ended up accommodating some sixty-five guests. The parents to be are well loved. I wish you could see the tasteful and beautiful flower arrangements my daughter did, guided by her dad. Everyone thought they were professional.

The parents to be in the house they built in Texas of all places. They seem happy there. They sure have made a lot of friends!

Treats by a local baker who also did a beautiful cake.

I snapped this picture of my man and my daughter's boyfriend, both mirroring each other's distress as they watched the University of Miami lose to University of Connecticut in the NCAA basketball finals. My man went to The U, aka Miami  


I love that pregnant women wear body con outfits these days, no more shrouding the baby bump in yards of tented cloth. Isn't my niece glowing? He is, too.


I kind of like this shot of the three friends who all went to high school together and remain as close as sisters today.

My boy and me.

Cousin joy.

My girl and her two best men.

New York babies under that Texas sky.

The newlyweds take on Seattle.

The tree house where they stayed.

Washington state views.


More views.

 
My boy in among the trees.

 
Beloveds.


 The good life.

 
The cake from my niece's shower was as delicious as it was beautiful. If you're in Dallas the talented cake maker is A Luxe Cake Studio. You should hire her.

 
I'll end this rather stream of consciousness post with one of my daughter's floral arrangements from the baby shower, to wish you a Happy Easter. See you on the other side. 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're blue. Probably not just lonely Easter but also a letdown from the trip. Possibly? Who knows? The blues catch us and grab hold sometimes and there's not much way you can do about it. It's been a lonely Easter for us, too, as I just didn't feel well enough to throw the party. Jessie did it.
    Ah well.
    I guess we just do what they say and "sit with it." What other choice do we have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy your son and wife got to Seattle, and it wasn't raining!!!!! That is so rare this time of year. Generally it rains from Halloween until July 5. The tree house looks wonderful, so do the woods. As always, you and your family are radiating joy and happiness. Happy Easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing, amazing, amazing life.I am single, in chronically insecure housing, newly unemployed, no family. I admit it is hard not to be envious although we all have our things of course. What I would give though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain with the blues. For the first time in my life I have been dealing with this. Holidays are the worst by far. I hope your feelings ease soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget what the occasion was in Dallas but you and your family are gorgeous. and a week in a tree house. what a glorious experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of your lovely family.
    I'm impressed that you can power through your work even while feeling blue. Hope your spirits are lifted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That treehouse looks amazing! Sorry about the blues. I'm sure being immersed in work makes it hard to think about the holidays. (Or maybe it makes them easier?) At any rate, see you on the other side, as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It takes genuine honesty to admit you are blue amidst the celebrations going on all around you. Thank you for sharing these photos of your loved ones. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos. glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fascinating, the tree house. And I love the care and intelligence of the photos from it. That cake! Those flowers! And I agree on the clothing. I sewed tents prior to the arrival of both my children and hated every minute of having to parade around in them.
    Write on, and good wishes for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to the expecting Parents to Be. The DIY grazing table looks professionally done. And that Tree House, what a Memorable experience. It is hard to feel Down when it's a Celebratory time of year, but it happens more often than not, hope you are feeling more uplifted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holidays seem to bring on the blues for me, too. Contrary to what Anonymous says, it doesn't matter what kind of life one has -- we're all susceptible to these feelings and what DOES MATTER is being open about it. Nobody can know everything about another's life. Anyway, the food looks AMAZING and I love that treehouse. A perfect writing and reading studio, right there. Much love, my friend.

    ReplyDelete