Wednesday, March 29, 2023

I just love the picture

This photo is from when the college kids were here for spring break, and the whole Brooklyn-Astoria contingent came over for dinner on the only night that week that my son wasn't on shift at the firehouse. I just wanted to post the picture. We all caught up on episodes of Survivor over dinner and labrish and wine. I love nothing more than these evenings with my kids and their loves and assorted cousins. We're all headed to Dallas tomorrow for more of the same, as my niece Leisa and her husband Grant will become parents in a bit more than a month, and my daughter is throwing their baby shower. She's planned the whole thing from New York with impressive event skills, I'd say. I marvel sometimes at how competent my children are. If you knew the dreamy girl my daughter used to be you might marvel, too.


6 comments:

  1. Oh! I so hope your trip is fabulous as your family enfolds and cherishes the new mama to be.
    I have watched your beautiful daughter growing up and I am not surprised in the least that she is capable of planning a baby shower from across the country. I am quite sure it will be the best baby shower in the history of baby showers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, haha I love your faith! We got back from Dallas last night and the baby shower was indeed sublime in every way that mattered. I wrote this post before I left last week and forgot to publish it. Will post pics from our Texas weekend soon. Love you, woman!

      Delete
  2. Happy, happy! Good to have such a positive event to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knopw exactly what you mean! I marvel at what my daughters have accomplished. And I love the pic - candid shots of the loved ones yield many happy moments, afterwards. I have a shot of a card party where my mother is being, most unusually for her, a joker. Treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want to print these photos out so the memories will last. I worry that the digital photos will all disappear one day if we don't.
    As long as your blog lasts, your photos will be here to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful photo. Safe travels to all of you, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete