Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The continuing chronicles of going gray


I finally got my hair cut. Finally trimmed off all those "light golden brown" L'Oreal Color ends. The dye had made my hair weirdly straight and wispy as it grew, rendering it more difficult to style. You couldn't tell, because I would pat it down with conditioning mousse, and whatever wayward spirals refused to comply, I'd just snip them off with a scissors. My hair is back to its natural self once again, curling and waving against my scalp as it used to and happy to breathe without color. When I did that post a while back confessing my distress at the visible signs of aging, I was grateful for your openhearted comments, especially the ones that advised that I would embrace this new transition soon, and be at peace. That made me feel hopeful. Let's see how long I'm at peace with the incoming gray. Pro tip: Makeup definitely lifts the look.

9 comments:

  1. I learned to love grey and, now, white, because it has increased by a lot the range of colours I can wear successfully. I hope this also works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Love that you've embraced your gray and now white; would love to know your name.

      Delete
  2. The woman that used to cut my hair would always tell me going grey was nature's way of softening the color around one's face. I would sit there and think, "yeah, ok." Our neighbor's hair is totally white, I kind of envy her that color. You're looking good with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allison, the woman who cut my hair told me I should think about it this way: "You were THAT woman for a long time, and now you are THIS woman. Enjoy her." It made sense somehow.

      Delete
  3. You are a beautiful lady and I just love those specs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, thank you! I love the specs too and they weren't even expensive! Maybe 35 bucks!

      Delete
  4. You have no wrinkles woman. WTF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixie, I can only stand to post pics that lie!

      Delete
  5. You look lovely and young while embracing the grey. I never had any qualms about going grey, don't know why.

    ReplyDelete