Wednesday, April 3, 2024

April showers


One of my daughter's friends, a young woman who is one of my heart daughters, is here with us for a couple of weeks as she's been having dizziness and nausea spells, and needs eyes on her just in case. She had been staying with her parents, but they are away for two weeks, so now she's with us while her doctors try to get to the root of her issues. The bathroom reno also starts this week. Tomorrow is demo day, so she will be treated to the sounds of tiles smashing and breaking all day. After that, the noise should be more tolerable. My cousin from Trinidad is also passing through New York City twice this month, on her way to and from a medical conference in Washington, D.C., so she will be with us on two weekends as well. When I scheduled the bathroom reno for April, it was because I thought it would be a time when nothing much was happening, the book almost put to bed, but it turns out to be a month in which we will have houseguests after all, and I'm just grateful they're the easygoing kind.


6 comments:

  1. I surely hope they get to the bottom of why your heart-daughter is having dizziness and nausea.
    You have more houseguests than anyone I know! You and your man are so gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how life works, isn't it? When you want to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard to know when to do disruptive projects like that. As it turns out, there's NEVER a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot going on. Hoping for the best possible outcomes in all aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seem to have a near constant stream of houseguests. all loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renovations can be a lot of fun. My daughter and partner are getting three bathrooms renewed. In series. They live in a house with four stories and a lot of stairs and, I gather, have one working loo and one working shower. The hand wash is at the laundry tubs.
    I am not visiting.

    ReplyDelete