Saturday, December 11, 2021

Love

Photo by Danielle Lee

*

My niece Dani is a wonderful photographer. I love how she notices the world around her, like the juxtaposition of colors and the sign "Love" above that door in her Brooklyn neighborhood. She posted it on social this morning and I asked if I could use it on my blog. She said yes and immediately texted me the original image. I thought it would be a perfect sentiment for the top of my blog while the man and I are off traveling. I'm now in the throes of packing, with all the showing-up anxiety that provokes, but we are resolved to meet whatever circumstances we find in this new world of pandemic protocols with grace and equanimity, to be okay with all of it, to find the good and allow everything else to just be. I don't know if I will have the literal or figurative bandwidth to post while we're away, but if I find that I can't, let love hold this space until I return.



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. Packing is just the worst, what if I forget something I can't live without? I don't know what that would be, but it could happen.
    Your post yesterday gave me chills at the thought of running towards fire.
    Have a great trip, I hope it all goes well and you enjoy every single second of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and message for our times. Have a safe and wonderful journey. Looking forward to your photos and stories whenever you can post them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my love! I am traveling with you in a teeny heart pocket! I can't wait to hear about it. I know this before-part is horrible but it will be so worth it. I promise you that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful trip! Hope you relax and enjoy!! Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O yes! Love. Visions of the ocean. Grace and equanimity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May you and the man stay well. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful, restorative trip. And have a Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We either accept the new reality and incorporate simple protections or we never live again. So be off with you, have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your trip! Thanks for the "Love"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love is a beautiful placeholder! Have a fantastic trip. I can't wait to hear about it. :)

    ReplyDelete