Thursday, September 28, 2023

Blue necklace

Had another Zoom check with the book team in this morning. My subject and I got gold stars for our progress. I continue to adore every member of this team. The Fab Four we called ourselves today, the editor, the agent, my subject, and me. Also, Zoom has figured out something since those early days of the pandemic when we recoiled from having to see ourselves on those interminable video calls that took the place of human contact for the better part of two years. Zoom brushes out all our wrinkles now, flattens everything without our even asking. I'd say that makes perfect sense as a business strategy. Not like the new iPhone cameras that record every crease, blemish, and pore, plus more that the eye doesn't even register in real life. Here's a screenshot from my meeting this morning, because, well, I put on makeup and wore a blue necklace today.


11 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful. Lovely blue necklace. I didn't know Zoom could brush out wrinkles and flatten things. When we zoom with our friend in Colorado soon, I'm going take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are gorgeous! This project has been a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Zoom did that, regardless, you look beautiful. I also love the stacks of books on your chair:) I might have stacks of books around the house, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you always look beautiful! You actually look gorgeous ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Colour is fun, and you wear it so well. I like the phone cameras for recording detail other than people - a photographer Facebook buddy just put up a shot of a spray of golden leaves that is just pickably perfect. Um, is that a word, even?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful and I love the blue necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the book is going well. I think I still look pretty wrinkly on Zoom! Maybe it only works for attractive people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you do look lovely. and of course everyone is happy with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your glasses! You look great and I don't think Zoom had anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How are you doing? Twitter is portraying the flooding in the city as being at biblical levels of badness. It looks fairly grim in the subways. You look great on zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had Zoom in real life :)
    Hope you are okay there - the flooding has been on our news. Amazing footage being shown (amazing in a bad way).

    ReplyDelete