Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Tuesday morning


The snow is coming down today. A blanket of swirling flakes muffling the world. Kids are sledding outside my window. Bright primary colored plastic sleds zipping down a sloping field of white. I never tire of that scene. Children allowed to be children. Two nights ago, people cheered for the singer’s boyfriend running to the end zone as in Rafah the bombs fell. I feel insane reading the news this morning, feeling helpless to do anything but be a witness. Sometimes I glimpse the full horror behind the curtain. And yet I take the next breath; do the next indicated thing. 


11 comments:

  1. Nice to stay home when the snow is coming down. Wishing you peace and love on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you since I read the forecast of what was about to happen in NYC. Stay in, stay warm. Stay cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing that snowy view out your window. So peaceful and beautiful. I wish the world was a place of peace. Happy Valentine's Day. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that disassociation daily. And the helplessness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too wish for the peacefulness outside your window. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said. Perfectly said, in fact. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. life does go on. all we can do in the face of such villainy is be the best people we can be. and care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's surreal how bad things are. The level of injustice is just off the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed, the news is insane. As Camus said, "one must imagine Sisyphus happy."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard you got a nor'easter. There's the evidence! I think we all feel a bit insane in this bizarre, cruel time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo. I like the pattern of squares, edge of jigsaw, window and buildings contrasting with the soft snowy scene.

    ReplyDelete