Friday, July 20, 2012

Soon


I'm going to awaken in a bed like this 


and walk through a courtyard like this to the beach 


where I'll spread my blanket under this very tree  


and stay until the sun begins its descent in the sky.

And I'll breathe in the sea scent of my husband and listen to my children laughing and splashing in the water as if they are still young, not full grown as they are, all four of them, the two I birthed and my niece and heart son, and my niece's mom, and when we all get tired we'll gather up the towels and shake the sand from our feet and walk barefoot on the hot asphalt back to the house where my mother will sit down to a meal with her family, and she will look around the table and smile and sigh deeply, happy we are all there again. 



12 comments:

  1. Have the greatest time! You deserve it. Take lots of pictures, for yourself, and some for us if you care to share. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss A, I will definitely take pictures, though I'm not going for a little while yet. xo

      Delete
  2. I swear- I don't know how you force yourself to ever leave it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Moon, it's a curious thing. I've asked myself that question often over the course of my life. I suppose New York was a siren call, and now I've put down roots in the concrete, haha. I don't know where we will live in the future. I only know it will be determined by grandchildren whenever they come along!

      Delete
  3. Safe travels and yes please share a couple of pictures with us when you return. Have a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every piece of the image you have painted for us. Thank you for bringing us along and for teaching me to savor every tiny moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, it is you who teach us to savor the moments, to notice the small yet so important things to connect us as humans. I love it when you come around. xo

      Delete
  5. This sounds so wonderful. so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kristin, doesn't it though? I plan to enjoy it to the full. hugs.

      Delete
  6. Oh, it's just breathtakingly beautiful. I know it'll be hard, but it'll also be so intensely joyful to have your whole family there together.

    I'm also looking forward to the photos that you will (hopefully) share here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing place. I hope you enjoy the trip, even though it's tinged with sadness. You don't need me to tell you you're lucky to have such a great family and to come from such a beautiful spot.

    ReplyDelete