Wednesday, May 29, 2019

No human being is illegal


A Mural in Colorado

Most of us are no longer taking in the atrocities happening at the southern border. Our minds simply can't hold any more, they're so full of nightmares already, like the children who have died, the ones who have been abused by predator guards, and the little boy found alone and crying in the desert with his name and phone number written on his shoe. The truth is, most of us don't know what to do about it all, other than vote in the next election with all the hope our hearts can muster. In the meantime, here's a list of organizations helping migrant families at the border. If you ever feel as helpless as I do in this moment, choose a group and send even five dollars. It's something.

11 comments:

  1. I am horrified at the cruelty this administration perpetuates. while not a perfect nation by any means I never thought we were this cruel. those trying to prevent immigration are immigrants themselves. even me who can trace my ancestry here back to the late 1500s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't even wrap my mind around this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and the thin blue line around our planet is this only border that exists

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly must believe that it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. Thank you for this list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like Trump has legitimized cruelty and hatred, much like Adolph Hitler. I will look and I will contribute. Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the link, which I posted again on my FB page, and sent more to my faves. Crimes against humanity, on our watch! Unthinkable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Action always helps. I am worrying now that the same person will be in the WH for another term. I just don't understand his popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, and you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is so much going it's hard to keep track of it all. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! We all need to be reminded that this horror hasn't gone away, and these children and families are still suffering

    ReplyDelete