Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Your vote equals your voice (the poster says)



I love these photos of my nephew, doing his thing. Fully self taught, he plays, performs, and teaches piano and guitar. For me, something about these images captures his passion, commitment, immersion, love. He reminds me of the Kurt Vonnegut quote: “The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music.” On this day, he was spinning old school LPs for a get-out-the-vote dee-jaying gig. We all need to vote like our lives depend on it in these upcoming midterms, because in the most literal sense possible, they do.



10 comments:

  1. I love seeing your nephew too.Yes! He's right. Our lives do depend on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew and all the young people like him give me hope for all of us. We do have voices that need to be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, WA state has vote by mail. We'll be voting straight a Democratic ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's frightening how much hangs on the midterms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely. I've already arranged my overseas ballots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you. Our country depends on it. Vote Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a grandson with much the same passion. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Nephew's Passion is evident, their Generations are the Future. We certainly must Vote as our Lives and the health of our Nation do depend on it!

    ReplyDelete