Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Catching sunlight

 

Had a kickoff Zoom meeting for the new book this morning. The energy from every person on the video call felt wholesome and pure. I am so excited by this new project I can barely sit still to actually start writing. Oh, I'm plenty scared, too. I have to do this story justice, there is no room to fail, but isn't that always true, and isn't it also true that when we don't quite hit the mark, it cannot be counted as failure if we resolutely retrieve our oars, place them back in the water, and keep rowing for shore. There will be both sunlit days and obscure nights on this journey, but dear God, what a gift I have been given, and the message I take from the Story People card posted here is that I need to trust the words dancing through my subject's memories. I need to open my whole heart and let them find me. And so we begin again. Please, please, and amen.


11 comments:

  1. You have been given a gift, but more importantly, you have honed your skills with long hours of practice. I'm glad you got the book. You will do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this bright spot in my day. This is lovely. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wonderful energy of your gift is felt here in Washington State. Trusting that the words will find you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a process this is for you. Every time! I am thrilled for you. This is going to amazing, I feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries, you will do all of that and more- as always, do not fret! You are mighty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But westward, look, the land is bright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How talented you are and how nice of you to share your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deep breath and yes, so it begins. You will make it happen with your heart and words as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for the new project. I'm seeing a pattern here and I know you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! What a wonderful job you have!

    ReplyDelete