Monday, December 7, 2015

Life as it is

Just be okay.

Just be okay with whatever it is.

This situation that is making you sad, that sits like a rock at the center of your chest, let it be what it is. Even if it never changes, never gets better. Just be okay with it.

Hold the sadness. Look for the thing it is trying to teach you. Breathe out your acceptance of things as they are, people as they are, life as it is.

Every moment is new. Even the ones in which you are filled with longing for things to be different than in the moment before.

Do what is in front of you to do. You can only manage yourself.

Let everything else be what it is.

Just be okay with all of it. Tears in the quiet, encumbered breaths, the places prickled with wishing.

This is life.

This is life.

Be okay.


10 comments:

  1. I surely did need to hear this right now. I'm having one of those mornings of anxious despair and I hate this feeling, this huge rock at the center of my chest.
    It is so hard to just feel the way it feels.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes this is all we can do. My hope for everyone who feels this way is that "sometimes" is all it is, and not "all the time".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you, just what I need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is beautiful. I too needed to hear this. I hope you are okay. We are all in this life together and that is comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't I wish! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would that we could in every moment, this.

    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or, don't be OK, which is OK too. Just be with whatever reaction you're having. Experience it, and let it pass, as it will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I worry that there's too many things making me sad, and then I just have a glass of wine instead. But you are right. And being angry at myself for being sad won't do anyone any good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This a beautiful post about acceptance. I really needed these words today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete