Saturday, April 30, 2016

Why I love social media


Our son WhatsApped us from Florence. "Today has been a crazy day!" he wrote. "We rented vespas and took them a few towns over to a place called Siena (over an hours drive) but on the way we stopped at this beautiful little town and went to the butcher shop restaurant and had the most amazing food (pics to come). On the way back we got a bit lost, it started raining, sun set on us, and it took us two hours to drive back in the darkness dripping wet. But it was such an epic day it was all worth it." And: "Italy is fucking amazing."

Here are some of the pics he sent:





Meanwhile, our daughter's Snapchat posts told a color story all their own. Clearly she too was having an epic day, though quite different from the one her brother was having.



Ah, social media. I'm living vicariously through those happy crazy adventurous and colorful young people today.


11 comments:

  1. Your son is right- Italy IS fucking amazing. And how I wish that I'd had the sort of parents I could have said that to when I was there. I hope you know how much I love you and your family. Your posts, even the smallest, simplest ones often leave me in tears at the beauty. Such as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos - your kids are living large and it's a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - just looked up the definition of living large and it's not what I meant. I wanted to say they are living fully and in the moment, and that is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, all of it! Thanks for your lovely comment at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Siena, one of the most beautiful places in the world! He is so very licky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your kids living such good lives. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both look like they're having a blast. I'm jealous of your son's Italy adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some friends of ours named their daughter Siena after visiting there on their honeymoon. Glorious times, had by beautiful young people, doing just as they should.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right that social media can keep us in touch. Not like only a few years back when all we had was telephone calls and letters. We visited Florence and loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are just wonderful! Love seeing the adventures of youth.

    ReplyDelete