Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet Boy


My son complains that I never post pictures of us together. In fact, I post very few pictures of myself with anyone because I dislike how I look in photographs (although I'm starting to appreciate how I looked 20 years ago. Ha!). But here is one of my baby boy with his adoring mother. Bless this sweet and curious child, now 18, almost a full-grown man. I pray his feet remain steady and sure, that he never forgets how to laugh, and that as he travels, he can feel how surrounded he is by love.



3 comments:

  1. On their behalf, I thank you, scarlethue! (deep bow of appreciation)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you can not judge anyone by their looks. That being said, we all do it instantaneously and continuously, and I'm no different.

    Your whole family radiates love and fierce intelligence and steadfastness and openness and good humor.

    That is my knee-jerk reaction. And maybe I'm wrong, but I think that most social scientists would say that we as a species are remarkably good at making exactly those snap judgements based on a fleeting look at someone's face. We're hard-wired to evaluate these social/threat cues, and we're pretty good at it.

    So, my guess is, I'm right about you all.


    love-


    tearful

    ReplyDelete