Tuesday, April 7, 2020

My heart

My heart can't take it, hearing that either of my children isn't feeling well. Tonight my daughter shared that she felt sick, headache, nausea, fogginess, but no fever. She took to her bed. She thought what she ate for lunch didn't agree with her. She says she's feeling a bit better now, but you know I will not sleep tonight. I will be awake all night praying that whatever touched her today, will have well and truly passed on through. I feel numb, just trying to get through the hours. Staying inside, praying everyone stays well. Of course the first thing I wanted to do when my child told me she wasn't feeling well was to go to her. It was visceral, the desire to hold and take care of her. I'm sorry I've been absent in comments on your blogs. I am reading but have no concentration to comment right now. My heart is in my throat tonight. It's going to be a long one. Here's a picture.  I'm holding her.


15 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say. Odds are good that she's fine, will BE fine. But oh how I understand. Here's my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey oh darling friend. I can’t even imagine right now. Hold fast Mary’s right odds are she’s fine I was worried about your radio silence sending love over the waves over the waves. Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love. Heart to heart. That's a beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear this, I really and truly am. Here's hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wrenching - I understand your fear. I hope she will feel better very shortly and you can breathe again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending hugs. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your daughter is feeling well soon. Sending hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the horror of horrors. I do hope she is feeling better and she was right about why she felt ill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so hope your daughter is feeling better today. Please tell her that she has virtual friends sending her the best good wishes. Take care there. Thinking of you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fear is totally understandable. I hope she’s on the mend very soon. Such frightening times.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our thoughts and prayers to send you and your family. Hope your daughter feels better soon. HUGS and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending prayers for you and Kai. What Mary said is true, odds are good that she will be just fine. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh. Scary, no doubt about it. But the fact that she doesn't have a fever is a HUGE plus, and she's young, which is definitely on her side no matter what. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete