Friday, February 11, 2022

The Walking Eagle boys


These are my nephews, sons of a Jamaican-born Black immigrant mother (my sister-cousin) and a Montana-born Native American father, which makes them Jamaican-American-Assiniboine Sioux. Their wonderfully mixed heritage is interesting in itself, but what I find so fascinating is how different the brothers are. You can look at the photo and see the whole story, one an artist and musician with a throwback seventies vibe, who teaches guitar and piano when not playing gigs or recording original compositions, the other a button-down stock trading college boy who is studying to be a schoolteacher. I bet you can tell who's who. Both their parents met as teachers at the same high school in Virginia, before their mother went on to study law and become a government civil rights attorney, and their father went back to school and became an addiction services social worker. Now their boys are both pursuing teaching, too, along with their other passions. I wonder where their own roads will ultimately lead. Black and white or color? I couldn't decide which image to go with, so I chose both. I adore these young men.



14 comments:

  1. They are indeed beautiful young men. It's interesting how sibs can be so different in what they end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous young men. Your entire family is filled with beauty, inside and out. The kind of beauty that lets you know goodness is embedded deep in their beings. Much love.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful and impressive young men. I look at them and I sense that they will be part of how the world changes for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Barbara, Both, young men are beautiful, but I might be a tad Bias as I think that your entire family is beautiful inside and out.
    I love the photos. Both show cases them as gorgeous and I will be so interested in finding what their life path that they take in life. Nothing better than knowledge and Education.

    Thier heritage is really awesome. Do they live in Jamaca or the U.S.?
    I wish them well in whatever they decide to do.

    I am slowly getting to the point that I can blog again and try to keep up so I hope that your doing well. Hus xoxoxo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their distinctive spirits are radiant in both black and white and in color. As always, I sense the love that sustains your family through the generations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at those boys gives me hope for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when young people pursue their dreams and make beautiful lives. Their parents must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful family you have. I would never guess those young men were brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes people say that my daughters are so different and that is probably because they are adopted with different birth mothers. I remind them that biological families can be very different too.

    Good looking young men with their future in front of them. Almost makes me feel jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and very lucky in their family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Handsome men! I wish them much happiness in their future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so much alike and so different, at the same time.

    ReplyDelete