Wednesday, December 17, 2014

"Soon the band will be back together"

Finals are done, one year anniversaries have been celebrated, and now she's on the bus bound for home! By tonight she and I will be ensconced on the couch watching the Survivor season finale! My husband just sent me an animated emoji of a smiley face in a Santa hat ringing a bell. The text said, "Soon the band will be back together." He appears so matter-of-fact about our children's comings and goings, but in truth, he's as excited as I am to have them back home! And then tomorrow bright and early the girl and I will fly off to San Francisco for a few days. My cousin and her wife are planning a day trip to Napa Valley with us so the Wines course that my daughter took this semester should come in handy. Just contemplating her arrival in a couple of hours is making me ridiculously happy. This girl.



10 comments:

  1. have a fabulous time! her name came up earlier today in conversation...(benjamin is up north for a few days.) merry christmas to all of you...california sounds really good right about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, it's soo cool that our children met each other! xo

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on Survivor. My husband will want to watch that and I might just watch it too. Mostly because I would be doing the same thing as you and your darling girl at the same time. Which makes me smile to think of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the instagram pictures of you two amazing women together. Hope you're having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the Bay Area and I am loving the idea that you are close by. I am sorry for the rain, but at least there are a few patches of blue today. I hope you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete