Sunday, September 23, 2018

SeaGlass Carousel

Our beloved poet Ms. Radish King wrote that she wanted to do a reading at the SeaGlass Carousel in Battery Park, Manhattan, and it reminded me of a dreamy sequence in the current season of the TV series Younger (which I watch) and I remembered that when I saw the sequence I thought: Where is that place, and why haven't I been there? Rebecca brought that thought to the surface again and so last night my daughter and my niece and I went out for dinner at a waterside restaurant in Battery Park, which is the part of the city where my niece lives, but for only two more weeks, and then she and her love are moving upstate as she has accepted a job at a dental practice that recruited her and made the deal very sweet for a couple saving up for their wedding. After dinner, at which we consumed a bottle of good Malbec, my girls and I strolled through the park in the direction of the SeaGlass Carousel because we all agreed the night would make the dance of light on the translucent sea creatures more ethereal. As we strolled my daughter sighed contentedly and said, "Ah, New York," and right then a bit fat rat came out of the shrubs, stared at us, and then darted out of sight, and my adrenaline surged because I am rodent phobic and my daughter clucked and said, wryly this time, "Ah, New York." The SeaGlass Carousel did not disappoint, however. Here we are, my fellow dreamscapers and me.




14 comments:

  1. I JUST FAINTED WITH JOY
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like an enchanted thing. And I have to say, even with the rat, NEW YORK! I'm so glad you went to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a RAT! Ugh!! The exhibit looks very interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are all going to miss your niece. Is she still going to be within driving distance?

    The rat story made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beauty of the moment and then the rat, what opposites. It does look like a place of great beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely outing--magical place! And I hope my upstate NY makes your niece and partner very welcome and she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even believe how magical and wonderful that carousel must be! Your photos are beautiful -- and so are your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a carousel like you ride? obviously, people are sitting in the enclosures. it looks very ethereal. y'all look lovely. and of course a rat. it is New York.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of the sea glass carousel, but it looks pretty amazing. LOVE the rat story. Yes, that evening is indeed New York in a nutshell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sea Glass Carousel looks like such a cool and interesting place. Love the colors. I commiserate with your rodent phobia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I read "Waterside cafe" as "Waterslide cafe" and thought that must be the most fun ever wearing dining out clothes. Anyway, vision not what it used to be...that place looks amazing. Dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks totally magic, just as New York is always magic to me. I’m definitely doing this next tine I’m in your wonderful city. Living in south Florida, I would rather see a rat than some of the scary creatures here. What gorgeous smiles you all have!
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful spot! Chuckled at your daughter's quick wit :)

    ReplyDelete