Friday, September 13, 2024

Just because (more wedding pics)

This morning, because it made me happy, I was looking through photos of my daughter's wedding again, and decided to share some of the ones we got later, from the wedding photographer and others, in this place where I put everything I want to be able to find again easily. That photo up top is one of my top two faves, along with the mood shot I shared in a previous post. Here are some other snaps of that charmed evening in Brooklyn, when my daughter was betrothed, and I gained another son.

 

My son walked me down the aisle first.

 
Then my husband and daughter appeared and my eyes were a fountain.

 
The look on my husband's face says everything.

 
Welcome to the family, son.


 
My son and his wife watched the first dance, remembering their own two years ago.

 The grade school lifers were out in force.

 
My daughter's godmother made the beautiful cake.

 
Let's take a moment for the breathtaking flowers and table settings.

 
The wedding was at Brooklyn Winery, which offered to have the bride and groom seal their vows in a box with a personalized labeled wine, to be opened, and read and sipped, on their first anniversary.

 
The dance floor was rocking all night!




15 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! They perfectly capture so much joy. You and your fella are radiating pride. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All heartwarming pics. Love seeing those grade school lifers there for support too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful. weddings are so hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, all of it.
    Xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these photos. Your family is blessed. I especially love your outfit woman. You look good.
    Many years ago I worked with a Jamaican woman who made a christmas cake that was full of fruit, but dark and delicious. The cake on the link, reminded me of that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the photos show a perfect day of love and joy. Everybody, without exception, glows with happiness. As the mother and father of the bride you must be elated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family knows how to love deeply. I can feel the love as I look at these beautiful and moving celebratory photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything and everyone looks beautiful. Those flowers! Oh my god; gorgeous. And that picture of your husband looking at your daughter is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyful photos. I got married this summer and I understand weddings now from the inside out. Ours was small but the love and all associated emotions were/are extremely powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got married, Gary? I had no idea! Congratulations! I guess my invitation got lost in the mail. :P

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Steve :) The invitation is probably floating in the Atlantic. We didn't want to rush into anything after 32 years together, but it was time.

      Delete
    3. Gary, wishing you and your husband all the joy in the world!

      Delete
  10. Can't help but smile seeing all of that happiness! Lovely event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a beautiful (and fun!) evening! I love the picture of you and your son, and the flowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. What an evening full of love and joy. Yes, the flowers and table settings were fabulous, and the cake as well. I'll bet your jaw hurt from smiling all night! --Tara

    ReplyDelete