Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Men talking and people reading


My lovely husband and son were deep in conversation when I looked up from scrolling on my phone and snapped that picture. Our boy comes over on Monday nights to serve as a personal trainer for his dad. He’s a good son. He cares about us, and shows it in concrete ways.  Also, for my own record, I’m saving here my favorite reader review of Lovely One on Amazon. The big dog, the New York Times Bestseller list, comes out tomorrow afternoon and trends suggest we have a good chance of making it. But whatever happens tomorrow, the book is currently the number-one-selling title in indie bookstores this week, and that’s golden, because independent booksellers are the people who will sell your book with their whole hearts. 



10 comments:

  1. Brava! What a triumph! Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful review. Absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A reviewer confirms what we already know to be true. That's wonderful Rosemarie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent review, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started the book last night. Already I am amazed at the journey she will describe. Can't wait to get back at it today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could not ask for a better review than that.
    And can I just say that I do very much love that picture of your two men?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo of your son. He is the epitome of cool. I think your book will be a runaway success. People want to read about her and I just know (book is on backorder for me) that you have done a fine, fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine that the NYT will pass on Lovely One. if they do it will only be more proof at how irrelevant the NYT has become.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic review. Grateful for my son, and to be a father.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful review, with specific praise for your writing and "wordsmithing"! So bravo for that. And a fantastic picture of the men in your life. It's great that your son is taking care of his dad's health.

    ReplyDelete