Sunday, June 23, 2013

Flowers for Nana


“We would also have to say goodbye to the joy of watching this next generation soak up the massive quantities of love their grandmother would have given them, and seeing them learn that there was someone in the world who loved them as much as their parents did: a grandmother who was delighted by all their quirks and who thought they were the most amazing creatures on earth.”

—Will Schwalbe, The End of Your Life Book Club


The flowers were chosen and arranged in her honor by her firstborn, who fathered two of her grandchildren. It is said life ends, but love doesn't. June 20 was four years. 


4 comments:

  1. That quote? That's exactly the sort of grandmother I aim to be. And quite frankly, it's the easiest thing in the world.
    Beautiful, sweet woman. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we go through my husband's family reunion weekend, I've been thinking about my mother-in-law who's been gone 32 years this September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and he, have my condolences. This post was a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very lovely. I'll be coming back to this post.
    xo

    ReplyDelete