Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Regulation blues

Things are swirling so fast I can't process it all. By the time I sit down here to write, events have moved several stages beyond. And the presidential race is just the most surreal part of that. On a much brighter note, I should report that last Friday my son passed his clinical scenarios with flying colors, and will graduate from the FDNY EMT Academy at the end of the month. I'm so proud of him, my heart is so full. I bought him a silver medallion with the likeness of St. Michael, the patron saint of firefighters and people in uniform, and their protector. I gave it to him when he came home and told me he'd passed. I knew he would. Official pictures will be taken at the graduation ceremony. In the meantime, I snapped this unofficial one of our son warming up leftovers last night because he just looks so cool in his regulation blues.




11 comments:

  1. He looks INCREDIBLY cool in his regulation blues. Lord, y'all must be so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news indeed--always good to hear about those who aspire to public service. While I hope I never personally see him in that role, if I wake up to see his face over me in an emergency, I will feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I said it on Facebook but it can be said over and over again. Congratulations to him. And your own patron saint for you, his mother. (Is it Mary? I really have no idea. I know St. Barbara is the patron saint of the dying and I used to wear mine when I was doing night shifts with the dying.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your boy. May he enjoy his career and more importantly stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, to your son, you and your dear husband, who have guided him through to this point. Great news! x0 N2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your son on passing his clinicals - and it's true what they say about a man in uniform (or a suit); I think it's because it shows a neatness and attention to detail that we don't see as much in our casual dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY cool shirt! He can wear it with proud, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete