Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My cousin is a lioness in winter

My cousin and her daughters drove up from Maryland to spend the weekend with us, and we went to see The Lion King on Broadway, which we had promised to take our girls to for years. It was a surprise for my nieces, and they were full of glee when the car pulled up in front of the theater and their lioness-hearted mother said, "Surprise!" They thought we were going shopping in Times Square. My nieces are doing well, the one who had the recent health challenge now recovered. She's still a little subdued, and gets overwhelmed easily, but with each passing day she plugged into the flow more, and smiled and laughed more, and we hugged her a lot and tried to keep the overstimulation and noisy criss-crossing of voices down and it was so good to have them all with us. My daughter came down from college for the weekend to go to the theater with us, and we all dived into a Friday Night Lights marathon at home, and had a grand old time together. I have to get back to work right now, but here is a pic of my cousin and me from the weekend. I'm a little distracted because I'm working on a project that is sort of kicking my ass, and I have to give all my attention right now to wrestling that big boy to the ground. I'll still be visiting your blogs but maybe not commenting as much for the next week or so. But please know I'm there.





5 comments:

  1. Look at the cheekbones on you, you beautiful woman!
    All right. Wrestle that bad boy.
    Love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Mary, I don't think those are cheekbones so much as chubby cheeks. But thank you for your kind sight. xo

      Delete
  2. The Lion King! What a great show.

    It is important to find time for family and adventure while wrestling a big project to the ground. It is all part of the process and your mind is always working, even when you are rooting for Simba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary! I've missed you! And yes, you are right. Family gives you the energy to suit up for the task.

      Delete
    2. You are too sweet. It feels good actually to be back in the blogosphere. I think I needed a break from writing and studying and being so focused all the time. My return to theater has provided me with a new perspective. Life is a balance. There is no denying it.

      Delete