Friday, March 21, 2014

Carpe Diem


Let's look on the bright side.

When I am between projects, I can wake up slow and make myself a one-egg omelet of cheddar and onions and sip my coffee slowly while catching up on the scandalous Scandal or maybe Downton Abbey.

I can work on my own lovely endeavors for a spell or cross the courtyard and sit with my 95-year-old Aunt Winnie and chat with her home attendant in her sunlit room.

I can meet an out-of-town friend for a late lunch to celebrate her new book, and we can raise a glass if we choose, because the day is ours.

I can go to a movie in the middle of the afternoon at the theater with the red leather power reclining seats if I want, and I can fall asleep if the movie doesn't hold my interest and it will feel like a delicious escape.

I can watch March Madness basketball with my husband, who is home sick today.

I can color my hair in a risky shade.

I can meditate on what's good and practice not worrying.

I can plan a birthday party. My girl turns 20 this week.






6 comments:

  1. All of these plans sound like extremely fine ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those things or any thing or all of it or none of it or whatever comes up and is magical on a day which is yours and which you deserve and I hope with all of my heart that it was amazing. Much love...Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. I think I will try a risky hair color this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're looking on the bright side. There really IS one, you know. :)

    I hope your husband is feeling better. Thank goodness your son was there to take care of him! Hope he follows up with the doctor to get those meds looked at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are having quite the life--ups, downs and all arounds. Your plans sound great, and do look on the bright side. I hope your husband's doc is able to sort things out for him. Your children are both amazing. Happy Birthday to your daughter and good job with dad for your son.

    I have been meaning to e-mail you after seeing your concern for me--things are slowly normalising here though the "normal" is now different. I am struggling to get back to writing, still struggling with some other stuff, too...That isn't detailed but all I can say here...Thanks for your concern and compassion.

    ReplyDelete