Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Son's Lens






My son takes Instagram photos with the camera on his iPhone. His shots reveal to me his attention to the world around him, his ability to take in its natural beauty even as he rushes by, because this kid always seems to be moving fast, a coiled spring, sweeping in everything at once, so the fact that he can register such scenes, and pause to capture them, the composition of each shot so balanced and right, is reassuring to me, who wishes him peace amid the swirl of impressions and thoughts and anxieties that swoosh through him minutely, much as they do with his mother. 


13 comments:

  1. He has your eye, Mama. These are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Moon, he has his own eye, though. I look at these and wonder did he just see the shot whole and all at once or did he decide where to stand and how to compose it? Either way, they are perfect to my mother's eye. Thank you for appreciating my boy.

      Delete
  2. beautiful shots! and I get why you are reassured by the "stillness"they convey. I always wish I could convince my daughter to slow down and be here now, don't miss a second of the beauty that is around us.
    ah well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo, the stillness in these is so at odds with his usual pace. these are almost meditative. i am so happy to know he can get still, too. be here now. my wannabe mantra. perfect. hugs.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome that he's like you in that way. You've done so well with your children. I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Kimberly, I worry that he is like me sometimes. This sort of brain is so darn noisy. But it's a good brain still. I just hope he always uses it. Love to you.

      Delete
  4. Wow. He has captured more here than I've ever managed to get out of an instagram landscape. I don't know where you live, but how beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Vesu, this is where he lives, his college town. I live in New York City. And yes, I'm really taken with how he sees his world.

      Delete
  5. LOVE the night shot of the roads in the snow. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete