Friday, May 5, 2017

Friday Night


It was a very mixed week, but I have decided that on balance, it was more good than not. It rained hard this morning and I stayed in bed late, because I finished a job editing a manuscript yesterday, and in the afternoon today I had an editorial conference call with the team for the book I'm writing this summer, which meant that for a few hours this morning I was free as a jaybird, nothing calling me, and so I lay in bed and thought: In this moment, you are okay. Your beloveds are busy and healthy. You are not in danger of not paying your bills this month. You have the great luxury of lying in bed and listening to the rain, knowing there is work on the horizon. Pause to appreciate this moment. Don't let it pass unnoticed. Sometimes, it's useful to pull the world in around you, and make it simple, and make it small.


7 comments:

  1. A reminder for all of us. Don't borrow trouble, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that occasionally too -- "No matter what big problems may or may not be out there, at this moment, I am fine." It's very reassuring, and brings us back to what is REAL versus what our imaginations are conjuring up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful reminder, thank you. Sometimes, the next half hour is more important, more precious and more special than the whole day or the next or even the whole whatever ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that beautiful reminder. The sound of peace in your voice is lovely to hear.

    ReplyDelete