1. After the service last Friday, the girls grudgingly consented to being photographed. They looked really pretty in their church clothes.
2. On Saturday, my son kept covering his face and messing up the photo I was trying to get of him and his dad. My husband, for once, ignored me. The football game was on.
3. Here, my Aunt Grace is telling my son, "If I could catch a star for every time you make me smile, I would hold the evening sky in the palm of my hands." I think he's going to use it on his girlfriend. (Sorry, Isla!)
4. From left are my brother, my Aunt Grace, my mom, my niece (that's her dad in the purple polo), my daughter and my son. Finally, some compliance with the photographer's wishes! In this picture, I keep noticing everyone's hands.
5. On Monday morning, before my mom and Aunt Grace left for the airport, they went upstairs to tell their big sister goodbye. They were worried Aunt Winnie would cry, but she looked at them serenely and said, "I'm so glad you came." Like the lady of the manor. It made them all laugh. They are so devoted, these sisters.