Tuesday, March 31, 2015

This loved face

I was intrigued on my last post by some of the comments suggesting that the Quann sisters look like the women in my family. And then it hit me: They look like my mother as a young woman! No wonder I found myself gazing into their faces; there was something much loved about the contour of the cheekbones, the point of their chins, the softness of their eyes, the willowy stances. Even the particular burnished brown of their skin reminded me of my mother, who from photos I've seen was every bit as stylish as the Quanns. The pictures here are of my mother as a young woman, right around the age the Quann sisters are now. Do you see a resemblance? What do you think?







22 comments:

  1. Yes. I can see it. And you know, we are ALL related somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Moon, we are indeed. I am you and you are me, but here we are, our essence poured into these separate bodies, like a glass filled with seawater floating in an ocean. The water is the same. Twisty, huh?

      Delete
  2. I can so see it. The eyes, the chin, yes. And your real niece and daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I see my niece immediately, because she looks so much like her grandmother, but I don't see my daughter right away. Hmmm.

      Delete
  3. Yes, oh my goodness yes, a striking resemblance. Your daughter looks much like your gorgeous mother, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany, many people say my girl looks like my mom, but to me it's not obvious. I shall have to look more closely!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Steve, it's clear as day now that I've made the connection!

      Delete
  5. Your mother is absolutely gorgeous! I used the present tense because her spirit is all around you. You were able to recognize part of her essence in Quann sisters. She is close and trying to surround you in her love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, what a lovely thought. Thank you for that, friend. xo

      Delete
  6. I see it too. I was thinking of your daughter when I saw a family resemblance but seeing your mother in these photos, I see her there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, you're not the only one to see my daughter in them, but I don't see it yet. But my mom, for sure.

      Delete