Thursday, May 24, 2012

Back Home




Last night and this morning, boxes of college paraphernalia were packed for shipping, photos from the weekend were uploaded and pored over, and while the girl got ready to show her sweetheart the town, the boy kept sleeping on his favorite couch, where the TV had watched him all night. My daughter was the first to leave the house today, heading out early to her internship at the Italian cafe, a tired but eager working girl. Me? I'm working from home while waiting for my aunt's visiting doctor. Now my husband is making tuna melts and also scones and my son is making pigs in a croissant crust blanket, just another one of the essential life skills he picked up in college.

7 comments:

  1. To know, at such a young age, what it is you were meant to do and to find the means to do it...
    What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Moon, I assume you're talking about the working girl who is learning all kinds of sauces and fare during her internship. Yes, she seems to love that exhausting restaurant world.

      Delete
  2. Sounds cozy and happy and wonderful. :)

    I love that painting in the background in the first pic. Is it a portrait of your husband? It looks a bit like that b/w photo of him you have over on the right side of your blog page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ellen, the painting is indeed of my husband, made by his sister's art teacher when he was in his 20s. He gave it to his mother, who gave it to me when we got engaged to be married. i love it. you have a quick eye.

      Delete
    2. That's wonderful! I just love your home, Angella, it's filled with such treasures. :)

      Delete
  3. Loved the last three posts! Congrats to your beautiful niece, but what I loved most are the pictures at your house, which seems like the perfect place to build memories.
    You seem to be in a good place, despite all the changes with your daughter graduating.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss A, I am trying, succeeding sometimes, failing other times. This period is actually quite tricky emotionally. Hugs, dear friend.

      Delete